Sunday, June 25, 2017

MAY ROUND UP

May continued to be busy, especially at work. Loads of things going on there. Plenty of meetings, training, courses, events. Library and Information Week is towards the end of May, we always invite the schools up for National Simultaneous Storytime and do a Biggest Morning Tea, this year we added a visit from the high school and we also had the 3D printer going. 

But the highlight was the amazing Doug Cunningham, Swansea local hero and 100 year old man. Doug was in conversation with Carol Duncan as part of our Share the Story program. We had a huge turn up and a lovely morning one Saturday late in May!




I tried out a new (to me) South American joint, Barcitos, on Beaumont Street. Amazing food, band, atmosphere and of course lovely friends and chatter.




I had my yearly eye check up and all a-ok, no changes, which is great!

I had dinner for one at Foghorn, before meeting A at The Towers for the Brett Whiteley doco. It was a good film, but didn't really tell you anything you didn't know already.

I saw my lovely niece play soccer at Speers Point, then headed up to Largs, to The Bushrangers Bar for lunch with J, we had an excellent meal and a great catch up. Afterwards I headed to Maitland Art Gallery to look at their always excellent collections and a little bit of afternoon tea on their back veranda.









Mid May also means Pint of Science and The Edwards, C and I had dinner then met a bunch of people for a scientific evening, including robotics, which was amazing.



J, L, and I headed into the Spiegletent in Civic Park to see Velvet. What a grand and joyous experience. Velvet was acrobatics, dance, disco, and the amazing Marcia Hines. 








The last weekend in May was crazy, I headed down to SWF on the Friday and had a great albeit rushed time. You can read about my day at the festival here.

I took a mid afternoon train back from Sydney to make it to the Symphony at Town Hall. The evening was Double Delight: The Sydney Symphony Orchestra plays Haydn and Mozart, and it was divine. I always go to the Symphony alone as no one ever seems interested, and that is ok by me. They don't know what they are missing out on. Live Classical music is possibly the most sublime musical experience you can have. Listening to that beautiful music is very therapeutic, relaxing, and zen.




After a big rest I headed to my Bibliotweeps Bookclub, where we discussed Helen Garner's Everywhere I Look.

That evening I headed to The Edwards with friends to see Tim Rogers. We had a wonderful meal, and then enjoyed the concert, which you can read about here.

And the month ended with the annual APIA Tour, with  E and C, which you can read about here.

Plus the usual reviews.

And some pics









No comments: